Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday Update


Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday update

Jaden is doing so much better. Yesterday her seizures were down to 35. Then today they dropped all the way down to 2. We are pretty sure that they are going to release her tomorrow. We will have to come back next week for some follow up appointments. She is going to be on 2 meds this time. She's always been on only one. The neurologist said that she hopefully will do better being on two meds because they all work differently in the body.

I have to make a decision. It's been suggested to possibly try the ketogenic diet with her. It's a very restrictive diet and to some degree dangerous. You have to have weekly contact with adietitian. Anyway, lots of components to doing the diet. Jaden's neurologist had suggested it as an option as she is running out of med options. However, the neurologist that is on call right now who has been treating Jaden isn't as hip on doing the diet. She has suggested we wait and see how she does being on 2 meds. I have to decide soon because that will determine how long I have to be down here. If we do the ketogenic diet it will be about a 3 week process before we could go home.

For updates on Ari please visit a blog that Liz started for her. It ishttp://www.prayforari.blogspot.com/. Haley is posting on it now. I would like everyone to hear from her on Ari's updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment