Wednesday, July 22, 2009

2 seizures this morning so far:

8:15 a.m.
10:40 a.m.

She started physical therapy last week. I've noticed HUGE improvements on her behavior. She has been so normal acting and so sweet lately. However, it seems that the seizure numbers have increased since she's had cranial therapy. I guess we'll watch it out see how it goes. I'm really happy with behavior improvements. Cranial work is used a lot on kids with ADD and ADHD. In fact, one of the school teachers was telling me about it because they had a student with ADHD that had huge improvements with it. 

Anyway, it's always a little discouraging with epilepsy because there are never any answers. It doesn't matter who you see. Aside from the medical definition of what a seizure is and what takes place in the brain when there is a seizure, nobody has any answers. So we will just keep trying new things like we've always done.

3 comments:

  1. Is it normal for epilepsy to be so severe in a child so young?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,

    I need to attach my comments to my e-mail on this blog. I didn't realize you had asked this question. Epilepsy has such a wide spectrum and a lot of unknowns. Neurologists seriously have no answers for anything. All they know that is consistent in each patient is what happens when the actual seizure takes place. Aside from that it is all a guessing game. On epilepsy boards I read about other kids who are way worse off than Jaden and then there are those who are much milder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vicki...... I'm sorry to be nosey but I am just very curious about it. Thanks for answering!! :)

    ReplyDelete