Thursday, August 6, 2009

2 seizures

Tuesday, August 4th
7:00 evening
1:00 a.m.

Jaden had 2 seizures today. I just returned from YC. I was gone for a week. There could possibly be some missed medicine doses that could have contributed to that. I'm glad that I'm as strict as I am about not leaving her alone in the bathtub. Her and Jake had been playing outside in the sprinklers. They came inside and wanted to warm up in a hot bath. I told Jake they could take a bath, but if he got out he absolutely had to make her get out. He asked if he had to get out if she got out. I told him no. I emphasized that she would drown if she had a seizure in the bathtub and she was alone. Well, when Jake got out she didn't want to, so he said he was "mean" to her and insisted that she get out. She ended up having a seizure on the bathroom floor. It's amazing how even at a young age the rest of the kids learn how to deal with medical issues. I was very proud of Jake. He stayed with her, helped her up when she was done and then came and told us. 

1 comment:

  1. What a good little boy! Thank goodness you have taught them so well how to help Jaden when she needs it. Oh Vicki, you and your little family are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete