Saturday, July 18, 2009

Seizure

Jaden had two seizures this morning. 

9:30 am
10:30 am

This was unusual to the normal routine. Usually she has them during the night. And it's been a long time since she's had more than one in a day. The first one was long and intense. The second was more mild.

3 comments:

  1. How do you know when she has them at night??

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sleeps in bed with us. It's a total bummer to still have a kid in bed right dab in the middle (especially an older kid), but it's the only way we can monitor her seizure activity. I don't think we could use a baby monitor and have her in another room. In fact, I couldn't even have her on the floor in my room because I don't think I would wake up. Right now because she is right next to us we wake up from the movement of the seizure. She's gotten real quiet when she has them. She used to scream during a seizure, but now she just has an extreme tightening of every muscle in her body with a tiny bit of convulsing. It's the movement that wakes us up. I'm sure she's had some that we've been so tired we've slept through:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing Vicki!! You are so calm about all of it. I think I totally would of had a melt down by now. You're a trooper!!

    ReplyDelete